You have 1 week left to apply for a full scholarship for the excellent Freie Universität Berlin International Summer and Winter University (FUBiS) program in Germany, open to students currently in college in any country. Qualified students have a chance to receive a full tuition scholarship (worth 1,920 Euro ($2,710) AND a travel grant of up to 600 Euro ($845) to particiupate in a course titled:
“Islam & the West” – Transcending the Dichotomy”
running from July 25 to August 22 2009. Your application and supplementary materials are due by June 7, 2009, so get started right now!
” The Full-Tuition Scholarships include a lump sum of 1,960 Euro to cover the following costs: program fee, tuition fee, accommodation, living expenses. This amount will be supplemented by a travel grant that depends on the applicant’s country of origin (place of residence) and amounts to 600 Euro at most.
Awards are based on the applicant’s academic achievements and financial needs.
Scholarship applications and related materials are due by June 7, 2009 (date of receipt).
Applicants must have successfully completed at least one year of study at an institution of higher education to qualify for the scholarship. Since the course is taught in English, English language proficiency on an intermediate level is another prerequisite. Applicants must be enrolled at a university or college at the time of their application.“
Required application documents:
- Completed application form (pdf)
- Resume (CV) that includes the following information:
– list of universities attended
– list of transcripts/academic attainment
– list of extracurricular activities detailing involvement in campus and community service
– list of any work experience
- Letter of motivation – including a brief statement on the applicant’s social and financial situation (at most one page, Arial, 11 pt, in English)
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member who is familiar with the applicant’s work (one page, Arial 11 pt, in English or German)
- Certified record of attended courses and grades of the last two semesters (transcript)
- Copy of student ID
- Proof of citizenship (copy of passport)
- Proof of health insurance (can be taken out with FUBiS at a later stage)
Please fill in the application form and send it solely by mail in one single dispatch together with all required materials to the FUBiS office by June 7, 2009 (date of receipt):
Freie Universität Berlin
International Summer and Winter University
c/o ERG Universitätsservice GmbH
Scholarship “Islam & the West”