We are excited to be promoting Rally for Iraq (RFI), an amazing non-profit with an incredible team of altruistic & highly intelligent people behind it. After spending the last few years fundraising they are now taking applications for the RFI scholarships for 2010. The scholarships or stipends are available for Iraqi students who can demonstrate need. Learn more about Rally for Iraq
The scholarships are not for full tuition – they range from $1,000 to $7,000 – so currently they are only accepting applications from students ALREADY in the United States. The stipend will help pay for housing, books, etc, but is not enough for tuition.
Please be sure to complete the entire application before sending it to them. They have a limited team of application reviewers so be sure to follow the instructions!
Criteria for Prospective Iraqi Student Applicants:
- Completed RFI application which includes application form, and possible phone or in-person interview.
- Financial need
- Applicants must be Iraqi citizens in Iraq or Iraqi citizens displaced from the recent war and living abroad.
- A strong desire and commitment to helping with the reconstruction of the Iraqi state or society.
- Strong performance in secondary school along with any post-secondary school education.
- Demonstrated leadership and social consciousness
Thank you for your interest in RFI’s scholarship program. The 2010 application cycle is now open. Please carefully read through the 3-page application (link below) and complete it fully before submitting. Applications can be returned via email to Scholarships@RallyforIraq.orgwith the applicant’s last name and “Iraqi Scholarship Application” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis with preference shown toward earlier submissions. Applicants will hear back from RFI within two weeks to one month of their submission. We may request phone or in-person interviews from final round candidates, if possible.
RFI stipends will range from $1,000-7,000 for this school year. Please read the information below for details regarding eligibility and preferred qualifications. Questions about the application process can be directed to Scholarships@RallyforIraq.org
Application Process and Continued Eligibility:
- Complete and submit the application form.
- Upon applicant’s acceptance to a college, graduate program, or recertification program, he or she must provide proof of acceptance prior to receiving funding.
- The granting committee will meet to select scholarship recipients after the RFI application deadline. Applications will be considered on a strictly blind basis, in other words, the Board will not know the names of applicants prior to making their decision.
- RFI will provide scholarship funds directly to the school where the recipient is planning to study. Exceptions will be made for books and living expenses on a case by case basis.
- RFI will request proof of enrollment from the student as well as the school at the beginning and end of each semester. In the case that the terms of the award are violated, RFI will request for the student or the school to return the award and the student will be ineligible for future consideration in the granting process.
We are SO excited to share this with you & hope you will take advantage of this awesome opportunity! GOOD LUCK!