Its about that time again – the Gilman Scholarship Program applications are online and due by March 2, 2011. They expect this year to be their most competitive cycle ever, so get on it! Their website offers a number of resources to help with your application and tell you more about the program itself. This summer award will include ALL academic majors, just be sure that you are eligible.
Eligibility requirements below:
- Enrolled as an undergraduate student at a two or four-year U.S. Institution
- United States citizen
- Receiving a Federal Pell Grant at the time of application or during the term of study abroad
- Participating in a study abroad program that is no less than 4 weeks in one country and no more than an academic year
- Receiving academic credit
- Study in any country not currently under a U.S. State Department Travel Warning or Cuba
The Gilman Scholarship Program is sponsored by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State. Find more information on the scholarship and the application here.
To our international students, please note that this scholarship is only for US Citizens interested in studying internationally.